Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Alternative MC-30 remote cord

HHargitt

Maple Ridge, CA
539 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Alternative MC-30 remote cord"

HHargitt Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 19th Jan 2010
Sun 16-Dec-12 07:52 AM

I wouldn't worry about them harming my body, but then I'm the kind of person that will McGyver cables for my Pocket Wizards out of some Chinese remotes and diodes. The releases are pretty simple, they are made up of a 3 part blade switch. The only thing the switch does is make contact between the half press line and ground and then the trigger release to ground. No electronics, only 2 moving parts. I bought an MC-30 first and when it was time to get an intervalometer I got and off brand one and it has been working well.

Happy shooting,

Howard

Will shoot for fame...fun...food... a heck I'll shoot anytime anywhere.

A topic tagged as having a question Alternative MC-30 remote cord [View all] , Kropotkin , Sat 15-Dec-12 09:31 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Alternative MC-30 remote cord