Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
archivue

Paris, FR
5525 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D3X - AF Problem"

archivue Registered since 26th Mar 2002
Thu 13-Dec-12 09:07 AM

I would send it for checking... It reminds me of a weird problem I've had with my D3x.

A "fried" electronic of a lens fried the camera's AF module. Observable result were random moving of the focusing ramp of the lens (then any others), without acquisition of a target, and/or no focusing at all (still lens).

The AF module was changed three times before Nikon could find the origin of the problem, my 35/2AFD, as twice we tested the repair with this precise lens. Once repaired, the lens is in perfect working order, the camera too...

The camera was under warranty, but the lens was charged for a replacement of the whole electronics... Happily , and because I live in the capital where we have a Nikon "shop" it took less then a week's time for the whole thing !

Jacques

"Un photographe, finalement, c'est quelqu'un comme les autres, mais qui prend des photos." - Man Ray
My Gallery...
My Other Gallery...

A general, generic topic D3X - AF Problem [View all] , CaptainYooh Silver Member , Mon 10-Dec-12 06:28 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D3X - AF Problem