Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D3s Exposure Problem

TomJonesPhoto

Seattle, US
57 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D3s Exposure Problem"

TomJonesPhoto Registered since 24th Oct 2012
Sun 09-Dec-12 10:52 PM

Brian, thanks for your response that sort of makes sense except I am shooting at only 1fps less with the D700 than the D3s 8fps vs 9fps, that being with the grip and 8AA eneloop batteries. I shot football an entire season with the D700 in very dimly lit stadiums and it was never a problem also I shot high school dance in the exact same gym with both cameras and again no problem with the D700 but the D3s did experience the same issues. Maybe as a test I will set the D3s to 8fps (setting the CL option d2 shooting speed to 8fps and see what I get). Also the exposure is every two frames and if the lights were cycling that would be equaivalent to 4.5fps well below what I typ shoot with the D700 but I'm open to any suggestions to try this is very frustrating. Also have a friend who stands next to me with a D3s and he does not experience any of these problems.

A general, generic topic D3s Exposure Problem [View all] , TomJonesPhoto , Sun 09-Dec-12 03:49 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D3s Exposure Problem