Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D3s Exposure Problem

TomJonesPhoto

Seattle, US
57 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D3s Exposure Problem"

TomJonesPhoto Registered since 24th Oct 2012
Sun 09-Dec-12 04:49 PM

I am having problems with the D3s exposure, photos look as if bracketing is turned on when I shoot in burst mode (CH) I get two photos lighter then two photos darker and this repeats. I have checked that all bracketing is turned off even went to the extreme to reset the entire camera back to Nikon defaults (holding ISO/WB, Reset Custom Settings, Reset Shooting Menu). I have checked b4 easy exposure compensation it is OFF, exposure compensation is turned off, bracketing is off. I tried to narrow down the problem by shooting in Manual mode, fixed shutter, aperture and ISO and I still get this alternating exposure. I checked the Exif data and all photos have the same settings. This seems to be more prominant in photos with alot of contrast. I also tested this my shooting the exact same scene and with the same settings on my D700 and the D3s still had the varying exposure where the D700 did not. My D3s is very well taken care of and has 94,000 shutter clicks, I called Nikon and they had no ideas, I uploaded example photos for their review hope to hear back from them on Monday, any thoughts as I have run out of ideas.

Below is a link to the some example shots of the results I am getting.
http://tomjonesphotography.smugmug.com/Sports/Media-8/26986829_LMgz2m#!i=2262387595&k=Xv9qHc6

A general, generic topic D3s Exposure Problem [View all] , TomJonesPhoto , Sun 09-Dec-12 03:49 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D3s Exposure Problem