Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Remote Cable for Nikon D3s and Pocketwizard.Flex Mini

PerroneFord

Tallahassee, US
2817 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Remote Cable for Nikon D3s and Pocketwizard.Flex Mini"

PerroneFord Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2011
Sat 08-Dec-12 03:29 AM

Ok, here's the deal.

It is not preferable to use the hotshoe connection of the TRIGGERING camera, nor is it possible to use the hotshoe of the receiving camera. This method of triggering is unreliable. For best use, the camera doing the triggering should be connected to the pocketwizard by cable. The receiving unit must also be connected by cable. This allows for the most reliable connection between the two cameras.

If you are triggering a STROBE, the triggering camera does not need to be wired to the pocketwizard.

Additionally, the Flex unit will need to be put into standard mode and ControlTL communications will need to be disabled otherwise that radio will not talk to the Plus units. I use 4 TT5 units for strobe work and my remote cameras use a mixture of PW3's and Multimaxes. I try to never mix the two types of radios.

-P

>Tom:
>
>You will need the N90M-ACC Remote cable from Pocket Wizard,
>it's designed to work with the Pocket Wizard Plus III and the
>Mini Flex TTI5. It runs about $115.00 USD. You might need
>another Mini Flex but don't hold me too that as I don't use
>the Mini Flex.
>
>The reason I say that is that I use one Pocketwizard III on
>the hot shoe of my D3/s and one in my hand to fire the
>shutter. In addition, the N90M-ACC will auto focus the
>lens-which is pretty nice.
>
>I just purchased one about two weeks ago when I upgraded to
>the PW III from the Plus II.
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Marty

------
Webpage: http://www.ptfphoto.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Remote Cable for Nikon D3s and Pocketwizard.Flex Mini [View all] , Clarktmc Gold Member , Fri 07-Dec-12 08:47 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Remote Cable for Nikon D3s and Pocketwizard.Flex Mi...