Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D4 iPad Wireless Tethering :I'm Stuck???

Tinkers Realm

Pacific Wonderland!, US
266 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Nikon D4 iPad Wireless Tethering :I'm Stuck???"

Tinkers Realm Registered since 24th Feb 2011
Mon 26-Nov-12 06:38 PM | edited Tue 27-Nov-12 05:34 AM by Tinkers Realm

I am wondering if anyone has set the D4 up wireless- tethered w/ipad-I seem to be able to get as far as the options/finish and for some reason it says:Not connected and I can not seem to finish the process so think I must be missing a link.

Here is what I have done:

Under Set Up Menu: Network,Chose HW:Wired Lan is only option that is highlighted so say ok & then move down the list to network Connection & turn on then on to Network settings:HTTP - OK & then move down to create profile-Connection Wizard:Select Camera Control and it lets me enter a profile name & under Options it shows my MAC address but still no connection.
I even hooked the camera up to an ethernet cable directly into the back of my Comcast router to make sure that the address was correct but when I unplug it only get an error message that ethernet cable has been unplugged.

I must be missing something but would like to get a successful connection-in addition once it is set up can I use it anywhere or will I need a new IP address for each location I am working in?

I appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks,

Kelli

Art is the only way to run away without leaving home.

www.TinkersRealm.com

A topic tagged as in need of help Nikon D4 iPad Wireless Tethering :I'm Stuck??? [View all] , Tinkers Realm , Mon 26-Nov-12 05:38 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D4 iPad Wireless Tethering :I'm Stuck???
Reply message RE: Nikon D4 iPad Wireless Tethering :I'm Stuck???