Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New D4 Arrived Home Yesterday

mikemaz41

troy, US
116 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: New D4 Arrived Home Yesterday"

mikemaz41 Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Feb 2010
Mon 19-Nov-12 08:12 PM

Hi Dwight, Many thanks for your words of encouragement. My work flow consists of downloading the images from the card to a primary file on my iMAC 24. Then after viewing the files I will move them over to iPhoto and play with them. I am still "learning about" Aperture that is installed on my MAC. The D4 will probably prompt me to learn faster. I have a library of images from digital, 35mm slides, 35mm negatives, and color and B&W photos in my primary file. I am looking forward to using the D4 both for family holiday images, and taking pics of the grandkids at their respective sportiing events; golf, baseball, and soccer. I do periodic photo work for the church and golf season photos for the high school golf team which my oldest grandson plays on.

I like your thought on creating a spreadsheet of the settings on the D4. The complexity certainly will tax just the mental memory process so I will get it down on a spreadsheet. The D4 is set up based upon a full two days of reading the manual. I will take some pics later today and see how they turn out, including the image file sizes. Want to understand the differential between my D200 and the D4. I currently have the ISO set at Auto and from 100 to 12,800. Based upon your comments and others I think I will adjust that down to 6400 and try it out.

As I get some experience under my belt with the D4 I will update my profile. I am thinking about establishing a SmugMug account and then put a link to it here in Nikonian. I need to get past the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.

I believe that big tractor in the barn is the famous "John Deere Green" - nice rig.
Mike

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic New D4 Arrived Home Yesterday [View all] , mikemaz41 Silver Member , Sun 18-Nov-12 11:51 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New D4 Arrived Home Yesterday