Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Anyone using and how do you setup a WT-1A?

Luke_Miller

Rural Virginia, US
1761 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Anyone using and how do you setup a WT-1A?"

Luke_Miller Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2006
Sat 17-Nov-12 01:30 PM | edited Sat 17-Nov-12 02:14 PM by Luke_Miller

I've not used a WT-1A, but did have a WT-2A for use with my D2X. Currently I use a WT-4A with my D4. I believe the WT-2A would be a better choice in your case.

Setup is not for the faint of heart and requires some knowledge of wireless networking and FTP server setup. The data transfer rate is faster if you use a wireless router in an infrastructure type network rather than going wirelessly directly to the laptop in ad hoc mode.

Once a connection is established you can set your D2H/D2X to transfer images to the laptop as you shoot. I use Lightroom and have the images sent to a watched folder so Lightroom imports them automatically so they can be viewed. If you send the full resolution files (raw or jpeg) to the laptop you will be disappointed with the transfer times. I set the body up to shoot NEF + Jpeg Basic and transfer only the jpeg to the laptop. That happens reasonably quickly.

For most tethering is a better option if the distance permits it. I prefer to go wireless as I don't want to be tripping over the USB cable as I move.

Places We Have Been

www.peppermill-multimedia.com

A topic tagged as having a question Anyone using and how do you setup a WT-1A? [View all] , NikonMark37814 , Sat 17-Nov-12 10:01 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Anyone using and how do you setup a WT-1A?
Reply message RE: Anyone using and how do you setup a WT-1A?