Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Leonard62

Pa, US
4419 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D4 VS. D3X prints"

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009
Sat 17-Nov-12 11:44 PM

Hi Lee Anne,

According to DXO the noise performance of the D4 is about .6 of a stop better than the D3X up to ISO 3200 where the D3X curve stops. So the noise at 1600 on the D3X is about the same as the D4 at 2600. I think you're going to see noise with both cameras at a 16x20 size print. But don't forget a print that large is always viewed at a distance much greater than what you see on your computer screen. The secret is good focus, no under exposure, no camera shake and minimum cropping. A little noise reduction won't hurt either. I shoot at ISO 1600 a lot with my D3X and am quite happy with it. It's much better than most people think.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D4 VS. D3X prints [View all] , Lee Anne , Thu 15-Nov-12 10:58 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D4 VS. D3X prints