Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Predictive AF Between the D600, D800, D4

KnightPhoto

Alberta, CA
4962 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Predictive AF Between the D600, D800, D4"

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006
Fri 16-Nov-12 07:50 AM

I see in the comments that you were using "Focus Tracking with Lock-On=Normal". I think it would be good to mention that up in the main body of the BLOG article.

Now that you have established a baseline, would love to see you try OFF in a future round to see how that would differ from the baseline. I am very torn about OFF vs. Normal in bird photography.

I feel like NORMAL is advantageous where I cannot absolutely keep the AF point stable on the bird without accidentally slipping off. E.g. for a bird flying against a background of trees or water.

But for swimming, walking, static, or birds in flight against the sky OFF is advantageous.

Your baseline results are very interesting!

One other question, I see you have the same number of shots for D800 as compared to D4. That seems counterintuitive unless you shot D4/D800 at the same FPS AND the D800 buffer did not fill?

Thanks for your efforts,

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

A general, generic topic Predictive AF Between the D600, D800, D4 [View all] , danieljcox , Mon 12-Nov-12 04:12 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Predictive AF Between the D600, D800, D4