Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D-Lighting Settings with the D3X

M_Jackson

Jackson, US
747 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D-Lighting Settings with the D3X "

M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005
Wed 14-Nov-12 04:05 AM

Mp,
"I took the same pictures at all different ISO setting and I can't really tell them apart."

If you shot the same image over and over using all of the ISO settings, I am fairly sure you should start seeing a difference in your image quality as the ISO increases—no matter what software you work with in post processing. If you compare a shot you took at ISO 200 against one shot at ISO 1600, you should definitely see a difference. You may need to zoom into 100% to really see it.

As others have stated, D-Lighting will not translate when proecessed in RAW files in software other than Nikon's software. The only exception is the white balance settings in your camera when you take the shot. Adobe software honors those settings when the file is opened, but you can still change it in the raw converter.

If you are shooting in RAW + JPG or just JPG, you'd need to pay closer attention to all of your in-camera settings.

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

Blog: www.bestofthetetons.com
Web Site: www.tetonimages.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D-Lighting Settings with the D3X [View all] , pqtrths Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Mon 12-Nov-12 04:09 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D-Lighting Settings with the D3X