Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D4 Empty Battery Indicator Icon

M_Jackson

Jackson, US
747 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D4 Empty Battery Indicator Icon"

M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005
Tue 06-Nov-12 03:38 PM | edited Tue 06-Nov-12 03:39 PM by M_Jackson

I was out this morning shooting away at 32°F. After a few hundred shots, the D4 just stopped shooting. The only indicator was an empty battery icon on the back LCD. I've never run the battery all the way down, but thought there might have to be a first. I replaced the battery with another battery and had the same empty battery icon. When the battery is first inserted, the indicators inside the battery icon race across, then stopped and it was left with an empty battery icon.

I tried the first battery again, then popped out the CF card and reinserted it. I turned the camera off and on numerous times and also tried taking the lens off and putting it back on. Nothing fixed it.

On the way home, I pulled the battery out of the camera and let everything sit. I was thinking about having to find my NPS card and needing to send it in by Fed-Ex. When back in town, I pulled over and inserted the battery again and everything fired up. I tried both batteries and both of them showed a full charge.

Has anyone seen this behavior or possibly make suggestions for getting past the problem while in the field? I've been out with the camera numerous times in much colder temps without a problem.

Thanks in advance,
M. Jackson

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

Blog: www.bestofthetetons.com
Web Site: www.tetonimages.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D4 Empty Battery Indicator Icon [View all] , M_Jackson Silver Member , Tue 06-Nov-12 02:38 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D4 Empty Battery Indicator Icon
                    Reply message D4 Empty Battery Indicator Icon