Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
pqtrths

Roseville, CA, US
1004 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D3X"

pqtrths Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 02nd May 2007
Fri 02-Nov-12 01:52 PM

I held off saying this, but last month I purchased a used D3X from KEH with 364 clicks on the shutter. (KEH rated it LN-, but it looks Mint- to me.) I've been looking to upgrade to a full-frame Nikon with double the megapixels of my D200. (I already have the full-frame zooms from a 14mm to 200mm range, and one MF macro.) So far, I haven't had the need for high ISO (400 to 800+) capability, and I like the results from the D3S and the D3X bodies that I've rented and used.

Question: The D3X manual states the camera will handle up to an 8gB memory card; there's also a firmware upgrade for 64gB memory cards. Reading the manual as to memory card capacity with the various camera settings, this upgrade looks to be a good idea. From your experiences, is it absolutely necessary?

BTW: This is absolutely my last purchase.

Mp

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D3X [View all] , pqtrths Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Fri 02-Nov-12 12:52 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D3X