Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Bracket mode accidentally on D4 during Chimping

Ferguson

Cape Coral, US
5751 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Bracket mode accidentally on D4 during Chimping"

Ferguson Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the generous sharing of his high level expertise in the spirit of Nikonians Nikonian since 19th Aug 2004
Mon 29-Oct-12 07:00 PM

>Linwood,
>
>I've never had that happen. How do you continuously press the
>partially recessed bracket button while viewing your images?
>
>
>You're doing more than brushing the button since it needs to
>be held down to make any bracketing changes.

Probably so. And if I really knew I probably wouldn't have done it. My guess is I was holding the camera weight in some fashion with the left hand. I don't have auto-rotate on for the display (so as to see larger images for portrait mode), and can only figure that corner of the camera setting in my hand somehow.

Now that I'm aware of it I can probably never reproduce it. But what surprised me is that the button is actually active (or conversely that the display stays active while changing it). It's not really a bad thing, just a surprise.

But in many years with a D300 I never once made such a change, and I've done it now once with the D800 (RAW->TIF) and twice with the D4 (Bracket).

If it never happens to you, let's pretend it is because I told you.

Linwood

Comments welcomed on pictures: Http://captivephotons.com

A general, generic topic Bracket mode accidentally on D4 during Chimping [View all] , Ferguson Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the generous sharing of his high level expertise in the spirit of Nikonians , Mon 29-Oct-12 02:37 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Bracket mode accidentally on D4 during Chimping