Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
KnightPhoto

Alberta, CA
4954 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Full frame"

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006
Sat 03-Nov-12 01:36 PM

If you want to maximize value I'd really think about a used camera.

I'd seriously think about jumping all over this deal in Edmonton, $3700 for a used D3S:
http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-cameras-camcorders-Nikon-D3s-Great-Condition-W0QQAdIdZ427836395

That is the only D3S I've ever noticed coming up for sale locally and he only has 29,000 clicks on it! I don't know the guy. Back in the day, I would have died and gone to heaven to pick up a used D3S with low clicks at this price. I bought a D4 in April, so no need for me anymore, D4 is also a great camera if you want to buy new, or pick up a D700 used. I sold my D700 a few weeks back for only $1500 and these days there is usually one or more kicking around on Kijiji.

If we are talking new only, any of the D4, D600, D800/D800E are of course fantastic for what you describe with each having some trade-offs if you want to discuss further.

BTW I talked to the main PJs from the Edmonton Journal last week at a Photo Show, they are all using D3S.

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

A general, generic topic Full frame [View all] , panky , Mon 29-Oct-12 11:37 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Full frame