Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

WARNING: No LCD Screen Protector Included with D4

mklass

Tacoma, US
7438 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: WARNING: No LCD Screen Protector Included with D4"

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006
Sun 18-Nov-12 06:17 PM | edited Sun 18-Nov-12 06:22 PM by mklass

Perhaps it's just my luck, but I have broken several Giottos LCD protectors, but no GGS. The Giottos seem to be more brittle.

Both adequately transmit enough light to see the image and read the screen.Either seems easy enough to clean.

Since I don't use the LCD to judge color, and I rely on the histogram for determining light levels, decent, but not 100%, color and light transmission is acceptable. A non-glare surface is more important.

That said, I don't even bother with on on my D3s. The tempered glass seems to be very durable. I do have protectors on my D7000 and D800e, although I think I will dispense with the one on the D800e (It isn't a great fit and it is a Giottos. It was all that was available at the time I bought the camera.) The D7000 is used more as a walkaround camera and subject to more potential danger.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

This is a hot, active topic! WARNING: No LCD Screen Protector Included with D4 [View all] , Renaissance Man Gold Member , Fri 19-Oct-12 09:47 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: WARNING: No LCD Screen Protector Included with D4
Reply message Efforts to buy Hoodman LCD protector for D4
     Reply message RE: Efforts to buy Hoodman LCD protector for D4