Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

WARNING: No LCD Screen Protector Included with D4

JimAxelson

Aldergrove, CA
34 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: WARNING: No LCD Screen Protector Included with D4"

JimAxelson Gold Member Nikonian since 24th Aug 2009
Sat 10-Nov-12 06:15 PM

Hi,

I may have something for you to protect your D4 LCD. I too have the D4 and have used the Giotto's covers on my D300 and D90 for about 4 years. The cover actually saved the day when my D90 LCD was impacted by an unknown assailant. The cover broke but the LCD came out unscathed.

Actually the Giottos model SP8306 fits the D4 (according to the packaging it is meant for a
Canon EOS 450D. The cover is the size of the D4 LCD. Beware of the cover however when you receive it. I bought mine and did not put it on right away and after some time discovered the cover had been broken in the post on it's way to me. I have not yet secured a replacement
to my D4 but this particular cover has been sold as the one that is the right size for the D4. Until I have a new unbroken one I cannot be sure that it is actually totally an edge to edge covering. I reason though that is just might be better to have something that is almost exact as compared to having nothing on the LCD for protection. I hated the plastic covers because
of how easily they could foul with body oils but these Giotto's covers are wonderful.

You might give this a try and see what you think.

This is a hot, active topic! WARNING: No LCD Screen Protector Included with D4 [View all] , Renaissance Man Gold Member , Fri 19-Oct-12 09:47 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: WARNING: No LCD Screen Protector Included with D4
Reply message Efforts to buy Hoodman LCD protector for D4
     Reply message RE: Efforts to buy Hoodman LCD protector for D4