Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Eyeblow / Pumper Type vs Trinity Lenses / Camera Breath...

blw

Richmond, US
28561 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Eyeblow / Pumper Type vs Trinity Lenses / Camera Breathing"

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Sat 20-Oct-12 12:19 PM

This type of thing is totally alarmist and has no impact in the real world. There is dust everywhere except in clean rooms (the places where they make chips in bunny suits). Even if you use a manual focus prime lens and never change it, you'll still have dust.

I have a well-used D3 and I can't detect any air movement around the viewfinder, regardless of lens use (and I have a number of those types that he complains about).

Even if I'm 100% wrong and there's a boatload more dust on the sensor because of the lens use, what's the worst that can happen? You have some additional post work to do. Your D4 has a sensor shake so that even if there's dust in there, it shouldn't stay on the sensor very long anyway.

By the way, some lenses move their elements a long way for focusing. And some of them move some pretty big elements, and a few of them move large elements a long way pretty fast. An example of the latter is the 400/f2.8 and I'd assume the 600/f4 is the same way. Gee, nobody seems to have complained about those...

I regard the entire issue as a complete red herring.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A topic tagged as having a question Eyeblow / Pumper Type vs Trinity Lenses / Camera Breath... [View all] , Renaissance Man Gold Member , Thu 18-Oct-12 07:44 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Eyeblow / Pumper Type vs Trinity Lenses / Camera Br...