Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Focus/Recompose w/ Continuous Mode

M_Jackson

Jackson, US
747 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Focus/Recompose w/ Continuous Mode"

M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005
Sun 07-Oct-12 08:14 PM

Normally, if you hold the AF lock button, it will lock the focus on the target you selected when it was still actively focusing in CF mode. If you shoot a few shots, then release the AF lock button, it will be back in CF mode again and you will need to refocus and go through everything again.

If you do this a lot, you might consider changing your camera's settings and work essentially backwards from this scenario. I can't remember the exact setting...seems like it is AF Release. Someone else will help with the details I'm sure. But the concept is to use the AF Lock button to activate the AF focusing so you can set the target focusing point. When you release the AF Lock button, the camera stops focusing and you can recompose to your heart's content. It will not attempt to refocus until you press and hold the AF Lock button again. It takes some time to get used to, but it might be exactly what you are needing.

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

Blog: www.bestofthetetons.com
Web Site: www.tetonimages.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Focus/Recompose w/ Continuous Mode [View all] , dougstroudphoto , Sun 07-Oct-12 02:41 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Focus/Recompose w/ Continuous Mode