Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New Sony XQD Series S 64GB arrived this morning

Renaissance Man

Laurel, US
105 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: New Sony XQD Series S 64GB arrived this morning"

Renaissance Man Gold Member Nikonian since 16th Feb 2009
Fri 19-Oct-12 10:00 PM

>Just wondering what you are shooting that you would need to
>take 90 photos in 9 seconds.?

I like to photograph the final cannon at Renaissance Festivals. My D300 was too limiting both in FPS when recording NEFs and in buffer depth when shooting only JPGs to get max frame rate.

3 Seconds of 11 FPS with my new D4 is what is needed, followed by a lower frame rate for billowing smoke if there is enough light to see it. The problem that forces the use of a big buffer is that inexperienced gunners bring the match down toward the touch hole then sometimes lift it and wave it around before finally firing. I've been frustrated too many times getting two distinct stages of the touch hole flash and then the D300 slowed way down since the buffer was full, before the muzzle flash started. Missed the real show as a result. I may need a good part of the 90 or so image buffer to deal with really squirrelly gunners. (I realize that I cannot slow down the frame rate between the muzzle flash and the billowing smoke.)

Tomorrow I'll make my first series of cannon firing images with my D4.

By the way, I'll be using a Sony H-Series XQD card, QD-H32.

A general, generic topic New Sony XQD Series S 64GB arrived this morning [View all] , piowoc , Thu 04-Oct-12 05:28 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New Sony XQD Series S 64GB arrived this morning