Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Cousin

Geelong East, AU
152 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Tough choice"

Cousin Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Oct 2011
Thu 04-Oct-12 05:36 AM

I haven't used any cameras the size of a D3, Ferguson, so I don't know If it will suit me or not.
I started with a D40X, then to a D7000 about a year ago, and the bug bit. The price of everything restricts me a bit, but I always had it in my mind to step up to a full frame, probably more out of curiosity than anything else.
I also am keen to have a back up body
So at this point I wouldn't have considered such a beast as a D3, but with the offer I've been given, jump in I guess.
I will probably get a 50mm, either an F1.4 or F1.8
Haven't made up my mind on which yet
And yes a 70-200mm will most likely go to the top of the list, when I can afford it
I'm either going to love it and mostly park the D7000, or hate it and gravitate back to the D7000
But I have it in mind the D7k for outdoors, hiking etc for nature and landscape stuff, which is my interest
And the D3 for some sports I get to, and urban and city shots, mostly night time
So this is all unplanned, but suck it and see I guess

M

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question Tough choice [View all] , Cousin Silver Member , Mon 01-Oct-12 11:31 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Tough choice