Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Cousin

Geelong East, AU
152 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Tough choice"

Cousin Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Oct 2011
Tue 02-Oct-12 01:31 AM

Need some thoughts on which direction next. Currently using a D7000 and learning things as quickly as I can. Had it in the back of my mind to move to full frame sometime in the future, but currently have no suitable glass. Now, a very dear friend, very eccentric and always buying very good gear, is giving me first dibs at his D700 for $650 or his D3 for $800, both very minimal usage, as in couple of dozen shots out of each. Bodies only. I think I'd be silly not to take up his offer. I shoot mostly nature and landscape, with some sports, being cycling and and motorsports, but only occasionally. I don't plan on ever going pro, prefer to just enjoy the hobby, but I do love good gear. My sensible side tells me to go for the D700, my irrational side says stuff it and just go the extra $150 for the D3. What side should I listen to?

Michael

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question Tough choice [View all] , Cousin Silver Member , Mon 01-Oct-12 11:31 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Tough choice