Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

High ISO, I don't Get It

Ferguson

Cape Coral, US
5702 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: High ISO, I don't Get It"

Ferguson Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the generous sharing of his high level expertise in the spirit of Nikonians Nikonian since 19th Aug 2004
Sat 29-Sep-12 02:00 PM

>I see in your other thread you are a pro-body addict. You
>won't find too many arguments against that in this forum

Who me?

I am not an addict. It's been 55 days since I bought a camera, so clearly I am not addicted.

I mean, I know I am not an addict, as I have quit MANY times buying Nikon gear.

And besides -- in the 80's, Nikon commissioned a study by a very experienced team of doctors proving that NAS was not an addiction (who had just finished a study for the American Tobacco institute proving that cigarettes are not addictive).

Now I do confess that I considered joining NAS Anonymous once. But I found that they were not much help. NAS-Anonymous (or as they are known, NASA), just hides their own addictions behind other toys, but as I did researched I found they still wanted long lenses (can you say "Hubble"), and every thing they built had multiple cameras all over it. Heck, each launch they purposely destroyed lots of cameras just so they could buy new ones (they CLAIMED it was to get the seconds of launch recorded but I know the real reason -- NAS).

So I am not an addict.

I will confess, I did consider Anti-NASeua medication for a while, but I found out it was a mis-spelling, and all it did was settle my stomach (though I found it helped a lot when viewing my early attempts at DSLR video).

I'm sure I am not an addict. Really. Heck, want me to walk a straight line? Ever since I got two black rapid straps, I'm more balanced than ever, one camera on each side. That doesn't make me an addict, just a careful walker.

This is unfair, and I'm offended, and going off to clean my sensor or polish my lens or something. And besides, it's Nikonian's fault, they run camera ads at the top.

I do not think I am not an addict. No, not think... I'm sure.

Linwood

Comments welcomed on pictures: Http://captivephotons.com

A general, generic topic High ISO, I don't Get It [View all] , karma1248 , Thu 27-Sep-12 06:56 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: High ISO, I don't Get It