Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

High ISO, I don't Get It

benveniste

Boston Area, US
10255 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: High ISO, I don't Get It"

benveniste Moderator Awarded for is high level skills in various areas, including Macro and Landscape Photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous suppport to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 25th Nov 2002
Fri 28-Sep-12 02:20 AM

Here's a shot that I took recently, providing photographic evidence that at least 4 of 5 Nobel Laureates lean to the left, at least at an Ig Nobel prize ceremony:

Click on image to view larger version

(Eric Maskin, Rich Roberts, Dudley Herschbach, Jack Szostak, and Roy Glauber)

This was shot at f/4 at ISO 2000 using a D800 and 70-200mm VR off of a monopod. 10 years ago I wouldn't even thought of trying to get this shot. Last year, I shot the same event with a D200 and struggled.

Whether it was with film in an era where ASA 160 was considered a high speed slide film, today's digital technology, or somewhere in-between, there will always be shots to be had at the edge of the technological envelope and there will always be photographers trying to get them. I for one am glad that the envelope keeps getting bigger.

One of the biggest mistakes a photographer can make is to look at the real world and cling to the vain hope that next time his film will somehow bear a closer resemblance to it. - Galen Rowell

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

A general, generic topic High ISO, I don't Get It [View all] , karma1248 , Thu 27-Sep-12 06:56 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: High ISO, I don't Get It