Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Throw The Dice: A D2X Or A D2XS?

karma1248

Los Alamos, US
80 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Throw The Dice: A D2X Or A D2XS?"

karma1248 Registered since 10th Sep 2012
Thu 27-Sep-12 12:28 PM | edited Thu 27-Sep-12 12:35 PM by karma1248

HI All,
I have a D2H. I just bought an Epson 3880 printer. I can now print larger than ever before. I ran off two 17 X 22 prints last night. That's the scenario.

I knew that this size print would push the resolution limits of my D2H hard. And what I got was probably what should be expected. The prints are beautiful but slightly soft. At a normal viewing distance, they aren't bad at all. Close examination reveals the softness pretty easily.

So, now I'm considering a new camera. Ain't this the way it always is when we pump in a major change into our systems? The changes just ripple, and ripple, and ripple..........

Basically, I'm very happy with my D2H. I can't afford a D3 on my retirement income. So, it seems my options come down to the D2X or the the D2XS.

So, I thought I would ask for your advice. I have never used the D2X or the XS. I have read a number of reviews. Will either of these cameras provide the resolution needed for the largest prints the 3880 printer can make? 17 inches is the maximum width.

I shoot mainly street so I need a fast handling camera with outstanding auto focus and a genius auto exposure system. But, that is not the limits of my interests. Sports and nature also form a large percentage of my photography. I'm also moving into macro work where resolution is super important. So, these needs require a great and versitle camera.

I am leaning towards the D2XS.

What say you?

Thanks, Sparky

This is a hot, active topic! Throw The Dice: A D2X Or A D2XS? [View all] , karma1248 , Thu 27-Sep-12 10:28 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Throw The Dice: A D2X Or A D2XS?
          Reply message Throw The Dice: A D2X Or A D2XS?