Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Leonard62

Pa, US
4419 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D3x..."

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009
Wed 12-Sep-12 04:45 PM

Hi Marion. There are probably a few reasons you don't see many comments on the D3X.

Because of it's price there are far fewer owners of this camera.

It was Nikon's showcase model when it was introduced. My guess is that manufacturing and quality control were at a very high level.

The photographers that bought this model were most likely coming from other pro models that handled the same way as the D3X. So no learning curve. The current high performance, much lower cost cameras are being purchased by a much wider range of experienced users. The least experienced are making mistakes which show up in their photos and they're commenting or complaining about it.

There didn't seem to be a fault with this model that would draw attention to it. No focus issues. No metering issues. Nothing to comment on.

For me I'll have the D3X for a long time. I find it's perfect for what I use it for. The photos are fantastic regardless of what lens I have. I don't have any issues at all. It's like the D700. You can't take a bad photo. It's that easy to use. And I suspect you can say the same thing for the D3 and D3s.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D3x... [View all] , pqtrths Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Tue 11-Sep-12 05:40 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D3x...