Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D3 shutter speed all over the place...

P7M8

Metairie, US
295 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D3 shutter speed all over the place..."

P7M8 Registered since 07th Apr 2009
Sun 09-Sep-12 07:13 PM

Shot a game last night with my new to me D3. Early on I found the shutter speed jumping from shot to shot. It would drop down during continuous shooting then shoot up. I was shooting in Manual. While trying to troubleshoot the issue I found it did the same in Aperture Priority.

I did a reset and it worked fine for a while then it started again. A second reset solved the issue for the rest of the game.

I bought this D3 at a local retailer. It was a demo with only just over 18,000 clicks on it. I just got it back from Nikon where they had to fix a loose meter switch. They apparently made a few other adjustments according to the service report. This was all covered under warranty.

Any idea what this issue is? Anyone else have this happen?

TIA

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D3 shutter speed all over the place... [View all] , P7M8 , Sun 09-Sep-12 05:13 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D3 shutter speed all over the place...