Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
SoccerOgraphy

US
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D3s Exposure Issues"

SoccerOgraphy Registered since 08th Sep 2012
Tue 11-Dec-12 02:10 PM

That has a lot of value. Now, if I do set the camera to auto ISO, will the spot metering just control focus or will it also control exposure?

I am guilty here of using spot metering as I find it the most reliable way to track the quick pace of a game by turning on sport metering and keeping the focal point (single) on the ball and the subjects within the depth of focus are relatively accurate.

So if I then opt for Auto Iso and a 1/1600 or 1/2000 shutter speed, will the exposure be controlled by the auto exposure feature or will the spot metering override the setting?

A general, generic topic D3s Exposure Issues [View all] , SoccerOgraphy , Sat 08-Sep-12 02:54 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D3s Exposure Issues