Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D4 Battery problem ?

Wingman

Kimberley, CA
1779 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D4 Battery problem ?"

Wingman Silver Member Awarded for sharing his excellent work and continued contribution to the forums, most notably at the Aviation forum. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2002
Wed 17-Oct-12 02:40 AM

I second bobab's suggestion. I recently borrowed a D4 from NPS at an event, and ran the battery down to less than half in a morning of shooting. I also noticed that the buffer was taking an awfully long time to write to the card compared to my D3. Moose Petersen was there and looked at the camera and found that the network connection search function (which I did not even know was there) was on. Apparently the camera just keeps looking forever for a connection and this takes a bunch of energy. It's in the menu somewhere -- don't know where as the problem was fixed by Moose...

Neal Nurmi

---Wingman Photo---

A general, generic topic D4 Battery problem ? [View all] , barnesrl Silver Member , Tue 04-Sep-12 02:38 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D4 Battery problem ?