Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How does focus tracking work during burst (D4)

Ferguson

Cape Coral, US
5701 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: How does focus tracking work during burst (D4) "

Ferguson Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the generous sharing of his high level expertise in the spirit of Nikonians Nikonian since 19th Aug 2004
Mon 17-Sep-12 10:46 PM

>Hi,
>
>What setting have you got your Custom Menu a1 'AF-C priority
>selection' set to? Maybe on default, 'Release'. Would it be
>worthwhile trying other settings and re-test?

I had it at release + focus, but also tried it at "Focus". At "Release" i would assume it would be even a bit less likely to track as it doesn't take as much time?

I did a lot of shooting over the weekend, real world not test. I had some decent luck with 3D tracking, but I ended up back at AF-C, 9 point, focus + release, and normal speed. That just seemed to work best for me (this was two soccer matches and one bull riding). But for soccer in particular (which is much more unpredictable than bull riding) I continued to find a fair number of the shots in bursts grabbed a background object, the switched back, with no apparent pattern (e.g. the subject did not move significantly in the frame).

Still struggling, but am convinced testing this inside is not teaching me anything, just need to shoot more real life and see what works.

Linwood

Comments welcomed on pictures: Http://captivephotons.com

A general, generic topic How does focus tracking work during burst (D4) [View all] , Ferguson Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the generous sharing of his high level expertise in the spirit of Nikonians , Mon 03-Sep-12 10:03 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: How does focus tracking work during burst (D4)
Reply message Where do you find things like the technical guide
     Reply message RE: Where do you find things like the technical guide
               Reply message Nikon Digitutor - Informative