Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D2X pattern choice for landscape,wildlife workshop

M_Jackson

Jackson, US
747 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D2X pattern choice for landscape,wildlife workshop"

M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005
Tue 04-Sep-12 05:31 PM | edited Tue 04-Sep-12 05:36 PM by M_Jackson

Debra,
Just curious...is your instructor telling you to set the AF/On button to CF while depressed and then Lock when released?

It seems a lot of answers related to photography start with "it depends". This is one of them!

I wouldn't stress on this at all. Most of the big animals in GTNP move fairly slowly, especially at a distance. Single point CF works most of the time and if they aren't moving Single Point S gives you lots of time to move focus points around as needed.

Good luck on your trip. Brian, I live here in the Tetons and would take the class if I thought they'd get us in front of the big cats!

Edit: I looked over your list of lenses. The one you'd use the most and missing in the list is a 24-70mm. There are lots of landscape opportunities in that range, especially on a DX body.

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

Blog: www.bestofthetetons.com
Web Site: www.tetonimages.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D2X pattern choice for landscape,wildlife workshop [View all] , dgillilan Silver Member , Mon 03-Sep-12 07:29 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D2X pattern choice for landscape,wildlife workshop