Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D2X pattern choice for landscape,wildlife workshop

dgillilan

Williamsburg, US
2695 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D2X pattern choice for landscape,wildlife workshop"

dgillilan Silver Member Nikonian since 15th May 2006
Mon 03-Sep-12 09:29 PM

Dear Nikonians,
I am enrolled to attend the Nikonians Workshop in the Grand Tetons in one month. I am planning to use my D2X body(plan to take a 300mm f2.8, and a 12-24 and 80-200 f2.8, tripod, cable). I have been advised to start using the AF-ON button only, by Jim Stamates. My question is with the D2X AF Pattern choices for this workshop.
I am a little confused as to which would be best in shooting wildlife that we may see (hopefully elk, moose, beaver, bear from a great distance, etc.). Does anyone have advice for the choice in :
a3 - Group Dynamic AF, pattern 1 vs 2, and "closest subject" ?

I believe for the landscapes I will have no problem as they do not move and I will be set on a tripod. But for wildlife, I am a little unsure of what to choose for pattern and also the "Closest subject".
Thanks,
Debra

Visit My Nikonian Gallery: https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=94067
My Zenfolio Gallery: http://debragillilan.zenfolio.com/

A general, generic topic D2X pattern choice for landscape,wildlife workshop [View all] , dgillilan Silver Member , Mon 03-Sep-12 07:29 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D2X pattern choice for landscape,wildlife workshop