Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Can D3s NEFs be changed from sRGB to RGB upon import?

JackJohnson

US
56 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Can D3s NEFs be changed from sRGB to RGB upon import?"

JackJohnson Registered since 04th Jan 2012
Sun 02-Sep-12 01:23 AM

Hi,

I have a D4 instead of the D3s though I imagine they have similar settings.

Why don't you use Adobe RGB instead of sRGB? Why limit yourself to the color space with the smallest working space?

To take advantage of shooting RAW, it's recommended that shoot with the highest bit depth. On the D4, it's 14bit.

When you use Adobe Camera RAW, you can open the NEF file as 16 or 8 bit with 16 bit being preferred if you want the most color information. Also, using Adobe Camera RAW you can open the image in the ProPhoto RGB space, though you need a good monitor to take advantage of ProPhoto RGB.

Since I've never used Nikon's software, I'm not sure how they compare.

Good luck.

A general, generic topic Can D3s NEFs be changed from sRGB to RGB upon import? [View all] , spiritualized67 Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, most notably in Street & Landscape Photography , Sat 01-Sep-12 03:30 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Can D3s NEFs be changed from sRGB to RGB upon impor...