Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D3s stops auto focusing

EpicDan

St. Paul, US
711 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D3s stops auto focusing "

EpicDan Silver Member Charter Member
Tue 21-Aug-12 11:48 AM

Clean the lens contacts and lens mount. If that doesn't fix it then send the camera in for repair.

My D3S stopped focusing. I cleaned the contacts and everything I could think of doing. It got worse over a 2 month period. It seemed to be the body so I sent it back to Nikon. The D700 had no issues so I decided it was probably the body. Nikon replaced the lens coupler and life is good. The D2S has worked perfectly ever since.

My 'black' frames were shot with auto exposure - aperture priorty. The camera used 1/8,000 second. The sensor picked up very bright highlights so I knew the sensor wasn't at fault. Cleaning the lens mount often works but not in this case.

Daniel McGowan
Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D3s stops auto focusing [View all] , mrpenguin Silver Member , Mon 20-Aug-12 10:57 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D3s stops auto focusing