Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
M_Jackson

Jackson, US
747 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D4 RAW Buffer "

M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005
Wed 22-Aug-12 02:42 AM | edited Wed 22-Aug-12 02:43 AM by M_Jackson

A couple of days ago, I was set up with my tripod upstream from a young moose getting ready to cross a stream. Normally, I don't blast through something like this, but prefer to time short bursts of three or four shots on each forward step, then pause during the intermediate parts of the steps. I like to get the forward splash of the shin as they walk through the water. This time, I wanted to test the D4, so I held the shutter button down. Shooting in 14 bit RAW, (Aperture priority, VR off) the D4 shot around 80 images before I heard the first soounds of it bogging down. I paused just a bit and started again. The camera seemed to be very quick at dumping the files to a 36 gig XQD card and I was able to get another 56 shots before he stepped out of the creek. There were a couple of drags during the last 56 shots, but nothing like my old D300. I probably won't do that again, but it is nice to know I have access to a lot of shots during a burst if I ever need them.

Also, I have Lightroom set to number my photos with the year, month, day, minute, and second. Each shot in a second gets a -1, -2, -3, and so forth appended to the end. There was at least one grouping of shots in the burst that numbered all the way up to -10, indicating it did indeed take ten images within the single second. The shots were taken with 9 point focus and continuous focus.

Hope this helps,
M. Jackson

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

Blog: www.bestofthetetons.com
Web Site: www.tetonimages.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D4 RAW Buffer [View all] , sharookh mehta , Sat 18-Aug-12 01:02 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D4 RAW Buffer