Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Ferguson

Cape Coral, US
5701 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D4 RAW Buffer "

Ferguson Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the generous sharing of his high level expertise in the spirit of Nikonians Nikonian since 19th Aug 2004
Sat 18-Aug-12 12:48 PM

>Thanks Marty. Although this information is extremely
>informative on write speed, I was wondering how many images I
>could shoot before the card starts to write...... Assuming its
>a 16/32 GB XQD card.

Well, it starts to write immediately, I assume you mean before filling the buffer and it slows.

The pointer posted is for card speed, Rob also did some tests of buffer impact from different size images and using one vs. two cards. It's not the question you are asking, but it is an interesting read.

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=7-12721-12406

It's fairly easy to answer your own question however, if you have the camera. Just shoot each and see the number of images before it slows. If you don't yet have the camera I suspect someone will give it a try (I would offer but am on the road and can't for about a week, but if still undone by then will be happy to).

PS. Sad Rob is going to stop updating that website, very useful.

Linwood

Comments welcomed on pictures: Http://captivephotons.com

A general, generic topic D4 RAW Buffer [View all] , sharookh mehta , Sat 18-Aug-12 01:02 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D4 RAW Buffer