Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D4 A10: Store Points by Orientation

drdisk11

US
28 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D4 A10: Store Points by Orientation"

drdisk11 Registered since 25th Feb 2012
Sun 02-Sep-12 02:11 PM

Hi Steve,

Yes, I think you have it correct! I do weddings / events and most images are of people so having the focus point set to "yes" in A10, I am able to roughly place the focus point on the person's eyes (i.e. using the rule of thirds location) whether portrait or landscape view.

The fact of the matter is I'm constantly changing the focus point depending upon the situation which messes up subsequent focus points as you noted. As a result, I loved the idea that the D4 has "face-priority" which I also use. The problem with that is the D4 doesn't show you that it actually is prioritizing the focus point to the face when in "viewfinder view" (only in "Live View" do you get the yellow box around a person's face). I'll bet the D5 will show the yellow box in the viewfinder as an option.

Thanks for all your contributions to this site!
Joel

A topic tagged as news D4 A10: Store Points by Orientation [View all] , KnightPhoto Gold Member , Fri 17-Aug-12 11:58 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D4 A10: Store Points by Orientation
Reply message RE: D4 A10: Store Points by Orientation