Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
KnightPhoto

Alberta, CA
4968 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D4 AF-C Modes"

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006
Sat 11-Aug-12 12:52 PM

I've settled on Release + Focus. Bang off that first one even if focus hasn't had time to fully achieve, in hopes that it may have gotten close enough to achieve a usable image. But at least get something and get it quick. It might be the only shot I get. Because the first shot might be my only chance, my intuition tells me to only select from modes that start with the word Release.

+ Focus for the rest of the burst because personally I don't need a whole series where focus was not achieved, so I'll trade a possibly slower burst for better quality. The theory is also that by second frame, the camera has had plenty of time to achieve focus, so I'm not giving up much by waiting for the focus system.

If I was a PJ who has to get the shot, I'd probably just go with pure Release. Same if I am doing extreme high speed action.

But some of my event work, maybe I should consider Focus. I guess one could make use of any of the modes, depending on setting.

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

A general, generic topic D4 AF-C Modes [View all] , Arthur Laurent Silver Member , Fri 10-Aug-12 11:53 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D4 AF-C Modes
Reply message RE: D4 AF-C Modes