Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D4 & 300mm f2.8 lens

KnightPhoto

Alberta, CA
4954 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Lightroom 2 & Nikon raw"

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006
Sat 11-Aug-12 07:59 PM

My personal recollections from back at the time LightRoom 2 came out is that yes Capture NX2 beats it hands down for RAW rendering but I am not a LightRoom expert. I believe this gap was narrowed in Lightroom 3 and with 4 the common wisdom is if you know what you are doing you can get equally good results as Capture NX2.

For safety's sake I suggest a free-trial download of Capture NX2 to:
- make sure your equipment is compatible (e.g. amount of memory and such);
- and prove it to yourself with some of your more cherished RAW images. Go back and re-edit them and see if it makes a difference.

Personally I love Capture NX2. Well it is getting very long in the tooth and it's missing several features such as compatibility with the full Nik Software suite, but I love the capabilities to apply selective editing. And look at Jason Odell's learning products if you decide to go that way.

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

A topic tagged as in need of help Nikon D4 & 300mm f2.8 lens [View all] , Tinker Teddy , Fri 10-Aug-12 01:02 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D4 & 300mm f2.8 lens
     Reply message Lightroom 2 & Nikon raw
          Reply message RE: Lightroom 2 & Nikon raw