Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Wow, is this D3s something... Or what!

mcsharley

Tacoma, US
103 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Wow, is this D3s something... Or what!"

mcsharley Registered since 19th Feb 2008
Tue 07-Aug-12 03:30 AM

My experience (almost) mirrors yours. I had money stashed for almost two years, waiting on the D4. When it finally appeared, I concluded that it really wasn’t what I was looking for. I needed a low-light compliment to the D700, mainly for shooting rock-n-roll in poorly-lit venues. I found a decent deal on Ebay with 5000 clicks on it, and I was immediately bowled over with the performance. Better auto-focus, three times the buffer, and (I noticed), substantially better IQ. It has afforded me the opportunity to get stuff I wouldn’t have gotten otherwise. And I saved $2200. Couldn’t be happier.

Sure miss the vertical-grip joystick, though…

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Wow, is this D3s something... Or what! [View all] , FizzBang , Sun 05-Aug-12 02:45 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Wow, is this D3s something... Or what!