Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon customer disservice

JackJohnson

US
56 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon customer disservice "

JackJohnson Registered since 04th Jan 2012
Mon 09-Jul-12 02:07 AM

Thanks for the responses.

I said it was third party site because the link was posted here. I didn't find it on NikonUSA's website.

It's not easy to say a link is 100% legitimate when the origin can't verified. When I inquired about the link's origin, the response didn't allow me to find it independently.

It's great if some members are comfortable downloading software from links posted by other members. I prefer to get software from the originator and their website not using found links.

The link below reflects one of the reasons I download only from the manufacturer's website. The malware was injected by clicking a seemingly legitimate Adobe Flash updater.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-17623422

It's quite strange that NikonUSA disavows knowledge of software posted by Nikon "Global".

As I previously mentioned, NikonUSA handled my query quite poorly. I haven't dealt with CanonUSA's customer service but I can only hope that they treat their customer's better.

Thanks again.

A topic tagged as having a question Nikon customer disservice [View all] , JackJohnson , Sun 08-Jul-12 05:51 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon customer disservice