Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
KnightPhoto

Alberta, CA
4954 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Menu Banks"

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006
Sat 07-Jul-12 04:24 AM

> I've tried to use menu banks but find that I continually
>tweak the settings while taking pictures. By the time I am
>through, I have messed up my original settings and now have to
>figure out how to get them all back to the settings that I had
>selected.
>......
>What I want to know is if there is a way that I can bring the
>settings back to my original settings without uploading them
>again from a card? Or at least have the camera give me a
>chance to verify that I want to save the new settings that I
>just made.
>
>I found that I just stop using them because they are always
>getting changed and I don't trust where I made the changes.
>
>Anybody have any input on this? Thanks.

For the exact reasons you describe, I really really wanted U1/U2/U3/U4 instead of menu banks on the D4/D800. They work exactly as you describe on the D7000 (although the D7000 only has U1/U2 of course).

I have been using the extended memory banks option on the D4 so at least the memory bank recalls my mode and aperture setting. Not quite as extensive as U1 etc. but close.

Interestingly I was shooting my D4 and D7000 in combination on the weekend and I found myself wishing the U1 would remember my changes - sort of the opposite problem In truth I was a little rusty with the D7000 and when in good habits with that camera I will call up the U1 or U2, make my change, and then immediately do a save before carrying on shooting.

I do love the Auto-ISO Auto capability of the D4 and wish the D7000 had that option.

Both memory banks and U1/U2 have their pluses and minuses then, and I can attest it is a little disorienting shooting both styles of cameras concurrently.

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

A general, generic topic Menu Banks [View all] , llevine Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Thu 05-Jul-12 11:47 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Menu Banks