Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Connector fit SQD card

DudleyG

US
29 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Connector fit SQD card"

DudleyG Registered since 03rd Mar 2009
Sat 30-Jun-12 08:23 PM | edited Sat 30-Jun-12 08:25 PM by DudleyG

Actually, Sony did not design a new connection for the card reader. It has the "standard" USB 3.0 (full size connector) that you find on all external disk drives, camera card readers, etc that have the USB 3.0 interface port on the device to connect a cable that connects to a computer.

In other words, if you have the cable that you connect an external disk drive such as Western Digital "My Passport" that has the USB 3.0 interface, that cable is likely to work with the Sony Card Reader. My WD Passport has the exact same port as the Sony Card Reader.

I also have Lexar USB 3.0 dual slot card reader, and it has the exact same port on it as the Sony card reader.

Dudley

A general, generic topic Connector fit SQD card [View all] , CarlC67 , Fri 29-Jun-12 11:57 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Connector fit SQD card