Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
gswarbrick

Wokingham, Berkshire, UK
62 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"WT-5 owners..."

gswarbrick Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Nov 2005
Fri 29-Jun-12 12:06 PM

I suspect we're a fairly small bunch, given how few people have managed to get hold of D4s so far!

Has anyone else been playing around with the WT-5 and done anything interesting? The remote control stuff's great and I'm sure I can find uses for it, but the wireless link is both vastly more powerful and hugely more restricting than an EyeFi card...

I'm thinking it would be nice to be able to spoof the EyeFi software into upload my D4 pics to Flickr/my FTP site at the same time as the EyeFi card in the D300S is.

Current thinking (and I've only had the thing 12 hours, so I haven't got very far!) is to run an FTP server on my Android phone or tablet which points to the same folder EyeFi uses to collect its images (which I'm hoping is just a 'watch' folder for the EyeFi client software) or the phone camera folder (which EyeFi definitely does watch)).

But so far I've not got very far in terms of getting the WT-5 to see the FTP server on the phone.

If anyone else has made more progress down this route - or found another way to do automatic uploads to Flickr - I'd love to hear about them before I waste a couple of weeks I don't really have!

Guy

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic WT-5 owners... [View all] , gswarbrick Silver Member , Fri 29-Jun-12 10:06 AM