Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
KnightPhoto

Alberta, CA
4969 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D4 Availibility"

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006
Sat 07-Jul-12 02:44 AM

Good to see D4 available in at least a couple places. Looks like supply is just starting to catch up with demand. Certainly after the Olympics (July 27 - Aug 12) we should see a better balance since I imagine Nikon is holding back a good supply for Olympics bound photojournalists. Maybe then the B&H logjam will finally break!

I have had mine a week shy of 3 months now (local supplier), not sure where the time has gone! Still in the learning stage for me coming from a D700/D300/D7000 kit. I shot some HDR on the weekend as 5 single-stop brackets, not even realizing I could have shot 3 shot bursts with images separated by 2 stops! And I haven't post-processed enough images yet to feel like I truly know the sensor output the way I did my other cameras.

So far for me, I am considering the D4 very much the core of my kit as I am finding it to be very versatile. I am also finding that in most cases when I pull out my other cameras I am wishing I had used the D4. There has been one casualty already, my D300 is sold. I'd still like a D800E to replace my D700 but it's more of a someday thing for my shooting and not a pressing need since the D4 is able to fill so many roles.

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

A general, generic topic D4 Availibility [View all] , JackJohnson , Thu 28-Jun-12 11:12 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D4 Availibility