Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Does 800 takes more vibrant pictures than D4: need help...

chuckbernard

San Francisco, US
23 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Does 800 takes more vibrant pictures than D4: need help for making decision"

chuckbernard Registered since 30th Dec 2009
Sat 30-Jun-12 12:26 AM

I too have both cameras. I don't need both but will probably keep both.

I haven't noticed any difference in the images with regards to vibrancy. I suppose there could be a difference but it must not be by much as it hasn't caught my eye yet.

The D800 has better dynamic range at low ISO settings but anything above ISO 400 the D4 begins to surpass the D800.

If you can shoot at ISO 100 then you can pull an amazing amount of details out of the shadows with the D800. From my experience, this is one of the most dramatic improvements over my old D3s.

However, I find that I am adjusting the ISO setting on the D800 more than ever before. I'm trying to keep it low for better images but it is sensitive to any movements in the camera if the shutter speed starts to drop at all.

A topic tagged as having a question Does 800 takes more vibrant pictures than D4: need help... [View all] , puclot , Mon 18-Jun-12 12:21 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Does 800 takes more vibrant pictures than D4: need ...