Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Does 800 takes more vibrant pictures than D4: need help...

rainforestman

Mount Tamborine, AU
8 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Does 800 takes more vibrant pictures than D4: need help for making decision"

rainforestman Registered since 01st Nov 2007
Mon 18-Jun-12 02:37 PM

I ordered the D4 on release and the D800E later on. As luck would have it they turned up within days of each other. I like you was torn between them and wondered if I would pick up the D800E after the D4.

So I ended up keeping both. The cameras are very complimentary to each other and with both in the bag I can nail anything.

The D800E is slightly better in dynamic range. Color between both is similar - excellent.

I prefer the handling of the D4 and wish my D800E was in a pro body. The D4 just feels so responsive. But when it comes to shooting slowly to capture detail the D800E is intoxicating!

Have you thought about moving the D7000 on? The DX/FX combination is an odd one for optimizing the lens collection. But the D800 will give you D7000 resolution on DX anyway.

They are both outstanding cameras and the perfect pigeon pair.

Neil

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question Does 800 takes more vibrant pictures than D4: need help... [View all] , puclot , Mon 18-Jun-12 12:21 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Does 800 takes more vibrant pictures than D4: need ...