Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
drmike1

Louisville, US
150 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D4 Movie Mode"

drmike1 Registered since 22nd Nov 2006
Wed 30-May-12 02:29 AM

I'm curious about the experience of others who have tried to take video with their D4 cameras. I've experienced some unexpected bumps along the way:

1) Some of my movie segments have been smooth, but a few show a pronounced stutter, or interrupted flow in both video and audio. I encountered this in darker indoor settings. I noticed that the camera was struggling to stay in focus; perhaps that interrupted the audio-video quality.

2) The ISO for the still camera goes up to 12,800 but I was only able to get ISO 400 or less in video mode, despite an effort to make a manual adjustment. I did not see that mentioned in the D4 technical specs.

3) The D4 offers the opportunity to clip still frames out of movie sequences. Unfortunately, these images seem to have a resolution of only 1mb, which is less than ideal for enlargement.

If anyone else encountered these issues and found solutions, I'll be interested!

DrMike1

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D4 Movie Mode [View all] , drmike1 , Wed 30-May-12 12:29 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D4 Movie Mode