Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

My brand new D4 sensor is filthy

drdisk11

US
28 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: My brand new D4 sensor is filthy"

drdisk11 Registered since 25th Feb 2012
Fri 25-May-12 03:39 PM

My experience sending my D2x and D3 back to Nikon is that they come back looking (and behaving) like new cameras!! They do an outstanding job cleaning sensors and typically will check out other items asked about (like your grease issue).

Since many of you have experienced a grease issue, Nikon needs to know about these observations in order to take corrective action.

My D4 did have some early dust spots that didn't get 'vibrated off' with the internal cleaning routine but, like one other message said, a quick Giotto blow off eliminated them completely.

By the way, if you shoot a photo of a blank, clear image such as a clear blue sky, you can easily identify dust using the magnification button and the LCD right on the camera - great for field issues where your computer isn't handy!

A general, generic topic My brand new D4 sensor is filthy [View all] , spanishflyer , Wed 23-May-12 06:06 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: My brand new D4 sensor is filthy