Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

My brand new D4 sensor is filthy

spanishflyer

Sevares, ES
27 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"My brand new D4 sensor is filthy"

spanishflyer Registered since 25th Dec 2011
Wed 23-May-12 08:06 PM

Yes, that's right, haven't had the camera for more than two weeks, changed lenses four or five times and haven't taken it out on a shooting excursion at all and still, checking in depth some of the pics I've taken, you can clearly see tons of spots all over the place. I haven't even lifted the mirror to look inside because I'm afraid of what I might find. I guess grubby hands at the assembly line with no time for careful assembly of each camera is what brings about this problem. Now I wonder if I should take it to the dealer and have them clean the sensor or what. This is not the US, so the dealer over here in Spain can even cause more harm than good, apart from anything, the camera came with no seal on the box (I think they all come without it), but just imagine how many people have "owned" and messed about with my camera before it reached my hands. That comes from buying something just out in the market after so much expectation and talk about. Anyway, what is done is done and I don't regret it, it's just that I should have seen it coming.

Tomorrow I will remove the lens and take a look inside with the mirror up; I have my sensor cleaning gear, so depending on what I find I will decide if I take it back or as usual do it myself.
I include an HDR pic showing the spots encircled in red; Having reduced the size of the file might not show the terrible state the sensor is in, but believe me, it's FILTHY...
Spanish Flyer

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic My brand new D4 sensor is filthy [View all] , spanishflyer , Wed 23-May-12 06:06 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: My brand new D4 sensor is filthy